- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to use the Fitness Centers?
Eligible patrons include active duty Military, retired Military, and reservists along with their ID card-holding Family members; DOD, AAFES, DECA, APF, NAF employees and their Family members; NATO and Host Nation civilians directly employed by USAG Benelux.
2. What are acceptable forms of ID for access to the Fitness Centers?
All patrons are required to present a valid U.S. Military ID card or a NATO blue ID card in order to register in the RecTrac data base. Patrons will be required to complete the Family and MWR RecTrac Pass Registration Application prior to their first admittance to the facility. Swiping of U.S./NATO ID card is mandatory for all patrons.
3. How does an authorized patron access the facilities?
Sign in by swiping ID card with each use. Be prepared to show identification upon request when signing into the Fitness Center.
Please note that Host Nation employees may be directed to use the Fitness Center during non-peak hours.
4. What is the youth age policy for the Fitness Centers?
- Children 16 and older may use the Fitness Center without parental supervision.
- Children 13 to 15 years of age may use the cardiovascular and strength areas only when they are actively participating in the same activity as, and under the direct and interactive supervision of, a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Children 12 years or younger are not be allowed in the cardiovascular or strength areas.
- Children 4 years and older must use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms and restrooms.
5. Are strollers or baby carriages allowed in the fitness area?
No. Strollers and baby carriages create a safety issue.
6. Can I request specific music to be played?
No. Only AFN radio stations are allowed.
7. Do the physical fitness centers have a dress code?
Yes. Appropriate and clean athletic attire must be worn. No street clothes or shoes with cleats are allowed while utilizing the facility. Shoes worn on the courts must not mark the floor. Soiled garments and shoes will not be worn in the facility. If working out in uniform, boots are not allowed in the cardio room, on upholstered surfaces or on the Nautilus Equipment (weight lifting equipment). Jeans, dress pants, cut offs, etc. are prohibited. Shirt and shoes are required at all times. No exposed midriffs. Flip-flops are prohibited. Appropriate athletic attire will be determined by facility personnel on a case-by-case basis.
Customer Safety Guidelines
• Workout time is first come, first served.
• Open to all authorized patrons over the age of 16.
• Maximum capacity is 20 patrons.
Class Safety Guidelines
• Max class size is 20
• Age 16+ only permitted to participate
• Sharing equipment is prohibited
• Participants must bring towel and water bottle
• Social distancing and hygiene procedure enforced
• Face covering not required
• No public restrooms available
The Basketball Court, Functional Fitness Area, Locker Room/Sauna is Not Available.
The Chievres Fitness Center offers two full size basketball floors, men's and women's saunas, and an outdoor multi-purpose field with a ¼ mile running track. The fitness center also has large area with cardiovascular machines, strength equipment, and free weights. The Chievres community calendar has the full schedule of fitness classes.
The Center understands the difficulty in being able to exercise with small children and wants to make it as easy as possible for you to exercise with toddlers in tow. Parents can use the treadmill, spin bikes, or do floor exercises while their children play on the gymnasium floor. Remember however, that due to safety concerns, parents must supervise their children at all times and that children are not allowed in the cardio and strength training rooms.
All programs are offered at no cost to our patrons.
The Functional Fitness area is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To gain access after hours, you must register your Common Access Card (CAC) at the Fitness Center during business hours. Available to U.S. ID card holders, their dependents 18 years and older, and retirees. If you would to register your card, please give us a call and we will be delighted to assist you!
We have a sauna in both the men's and women's dressing areas. The sauna will be turned off every Friday morning for cleaning from 6 am - 12 pm.
1. Please shower prior to using the sauna.
2. No shoes or socks are allowed.
3. No children under the age of 18 are allowed in the sauna.
4. Please sit or lie on a towel while in the sauna.
5. DO NOT pour any liquids on the rocks. It is ELECTRIC.
6. No food is allowed in the sauna.
7. No more than 10 minutes in the sauna.
8. No shaving in the sauna.
9. No exercising in the sauna.
10. No oils, lotion, or suntan products in the sauna.
*** The Chievres Fitness Center is also available for rent! You can rent 1/2 of the CAC to host your next party or event. Please contact the Fitness Center at +32 (0)68-25-5292 for complete details. ***
Click on any thumbnail to view full-sized images.