- Customer Safety Guidelines
• 100% ID check.
• 40 person limit for entire facility.
• If limit is reached, a one hour time limit will be implemented.
• A patron is welcomed to return or stay on at the fitness center providing facility has not reached the 40 person limit.
• All patrons 16 years and older are welcomed on a first come, first served basis.
• Face coverings are required to enter, and while signing in to the facility, as well as exiting, and while signing out of the facility.
• Face coverings are NOT required while working out.
• Patrons MUST wipe down all gym equipment used/touched after each use with the provided wipes.
• Water fountains are not available for use at this time. Please bring your own water.
• Handicap restroom is to be used as a restroom ONLY, and not to be used as a dressing room.
• Patrons may use the locker rooms in back to change in, with maximum of 4 persons.
• Patrons may use the sauna changing rooms to change in, with maximum of 2 persons.
• No showering or saunas authorized.
• NO “spotting” or team workouts.
• All patrons MUST maintain social distancing at all times.
• One person will be authorized to ‘sign out’ a basketball to ‘shoot hoops’ on basketball court 2, on first come, first served basis.
• There is one way in and one way out. Arrows showing the exit are on the floor for guidance.
- Indoor Class Safety Guidelines
• Max class size is 20
• Reservations are encouraged to secure a spot
• Age 16+ only permitted to participate
• Sharing equipment is prohibited
• Participants must bring towel and water bottle
• Social distancing and hygiene procedure enforced
• Face covering not required during class
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to use the Fitness Centers?
Eligible patrons include active duty Military, retired Military, and reservists along with their ID card-holding Family members; DOD, AAFES, DECA, APF, NAF employees and their Family members; NATO and Host Nation civilians directly employed by USAG Benelux.
2. What are acceptable forms of ID for access to the Fitness Centers?
All patrons are required to present a valid U.S. Military ID card or a NATO blue ID card in order to register in the RecTrac data base. Patrons will be required to complete the Family and MWR RecTrac Pass Registration Application prior to their first admittance to the facility. Swiping of U.S./NATO ID card is mandatory for all patrons.
3. How does an authorized patron access the facilities?
Sign in by swiping ID card with each use. Be prepared to show identification upon request when signing into the Fitness Center.
Please note that Host Nation employees may be directed to use the Fitness Center during non-peak hours.
4. What is the youth age policy for the Fitness Centers?
- Children 16 and older may use the Fitness Center without parental supervision.
- Children 13 to 15 years of age may use the cardiovascular and strength areas only when they are actively participating in the same activity as, and under the direct and interactive supervision of, a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Children 12 years or younger are not be allowed in the cardiovascular or strength areas.
- Children 4 years and older must use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms and restrooms.
5. Are strollers or baby carriages allowed in the fitness area?
No. Strollers and baby carriages create a safety issue.
6. Can I request specific music to be played?
No. Only AFN radio stations are allowed.
7. Do the physical fitness centers have a dress code?
Yes. Appropriate and clean athletic attire must be worn. No street clothes or shoes with cleats are allowed while utilizing the facility. Shoes worn on the courts must not mark the floor. Soiled garments and shoes will not be worn in the facility. If working out in uniform, boots are not allowed in the cardio room, on upholstered surfaces or on the Nautilus Equipment (weight lifting equipment). Jeans, dress pants, cut offs, etc. are prohibited. Shirt and shoes are required at all times. No exposed midriffs. Flip-flops are prohibited. Appropriate athletic attire will be determined by facility personnel on a case-by-case basis.
The Basketball Court, Functional Fitness Area, Locker Room/Sauna is Not Available.
The Chievres Fitness Center offers two full size basketball floors, men's and women's saunas, and an outdoor multi-purpose field with a ¼ mile running track. The fitness center also has large area with cardiovascular machines, strength equipment, and free weights. The Chievres community calendar has the full schedule of fitness classes.
All programs are offered at no cost to our patrons.
The Functional Fitness area is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To gain access after hours, you must register your Common Access Card (CAC) at the Fitness Center during business hours. Available to U.S. ID card holders, their dependents 18 years and older, and retirees. If you would to register your card, please give us a call and we will be delighted to assist you!
We have a sauna in both the men's and women's dressing areas. The sauna will be turned off every Friday morning for cleaning from 6 am - 12 pm.
1. Please shower prior to using the sauna.
2. No shoes or socks are allowed.
3. No children under the age of 18 are allowed in the sauna.
4. Please sit or lie on a towel while in the sauna.
5. DO NOT pour any liquids on the rocks. It is ELECTRIC.
6. No food is allowed in the sauna.
7. No more than 10 minutes in the sauna.
8. No shaving in the sauna.
9. No exercising in the sauna.
10. No oils, lotion, or suntan products in the sauna.
*** The Chievres Fitness Center is also available for rent! You can rent 1/2 of the CAC to host your next party or event. Please contact the Fitness Center at +32 (0)68-25-5297 for complete details. ***
Click on any thumbnail to view full-sized images.